NOMINATIONS & AWARDS
- Critic’s Choice Dance Europe nominated Kuindersma's "Anatomy of Light in category “best premiere” of season 2021/2022, alongside works of Beaujean, Van Schaijk, Goecke, Clug.(October 2022)
- “Architecture of Hope” received Performing Arts West Australian Award for Best New Work. It was part of the program “Ballet at the Quarry: Light and Shadow” of West Australian Ballet in cooperation with the Perth Festival. Architecture of Hope is a coproduction of West Australian Ballet and Dutch National Ballet. It premiered 7th february 2020 in Perth.
Nomination for award of “Nederlandse Dansdagen / Dutch Dance Days” May 2019, a prestigious award supporting emerging talent. (NL)
- Dancemagazine’s TOP 25 TO WATCH - list 2019: Nominated as choreographer in USA Dancemagazine’s Top25; an annual list of dancers, choreographers and companies that are on the verge of skyrocketing and are believed to represent the future of the dance. (USA)
- Nominated by Dutch National Ballet to serve as an Artistic Partnership Initiative Fellow at The Center for Ballet and The Arts at the New York University, in summer 2018. (USA)
- Dutch National Ballet Principal Marijn Rademaker got nominated for the Prix Benois de la Danse 2018 for his role in Kuindersma’ Two and Only. The duet was performed live at the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow at the Benois Gala together with Timothy van Poucke in June 2018.
- Danish Dance Theater’s dancer Csongor Szabo got nominated for a Danish Reumert Award in category Best Dancer for his role in my choreography “Tales of A Nordic Mind” for Danish Dance Theatre. (DK)
- BNG Bank Dance Award Excellent Talent for choreography - May 2016 (NL) for Kuindersma’s duet “Doubleyou” made for Korzo & NDT
- Special Award for originality of movement vocabulary and exquisite movement quality for first solowork “Aquasomnia” in the Choreographic Competition U30 in Cologne in May 2010 (DE)
- Scholarship BalletVenner 2009 (DK) - scholarship to study GAGA with Ohad Naharin at Gaga Intensive Course at Batsheva in Tel Aviv (IL)
- Nomination for Philip Morris Award for outstanding performance in ITs-festival Amsterdam 1998 (NL) still as student at the Rotterdam Dance academy
- Won Scholarship in National Ballet Competition for young dancers from foundation Dansersfonds from Dutch Principal Dancers Alexandra Radius and Han Ebbelaar in 1997 (NL)
photo Michel Schnater : Floor Eimers & James Stout in Anatomy of Light - Dutch National Ballet